Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Day without GAY

Here's the mission if you choose to accept it....

Our Mission

Day Without A Gay seeks to shift our strong feelings about injustice toward service! Let's fight for equality by out-loving those who would deny us rights. Call in "gay" on December 10th (International Human Rights Day) and volunteer for your local LGBT and/or human rights organizations. This site allows the LGBT community and our allies to be active in the search for service by posting and searching volunteer opportunities. We will not sit at home on December 10, 2008. We will offer love and support to those who need it most, the way only the gay community can! ***Help us update contact info for local newspapers and TV stations in your town by editing it onto volunteer info in your state or country. Then, make video and pictures of your DWAG activity and send it with a press release to your local news media. Help change the hearts and minds of people who just need a little more love themselves, and our rights will get stronger!***
Personally I'm going to have to pass and I'm probably the gayest chick I know. Being realistic in this day and time where people are loosing jobs daily there is no way in hell I'm going to remotely give anyone a reason right now to let me go. Simple economics dictates that I have to work to eat. I like eating as evidenced by my weight. Sure I could stand to loose a few pounds but I want that to be voluntary.
I do support those that can and wish you the best in your volunteer duties.

No comments:

Post a Comment